• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn of War III announced, trailer, coming in 2017

salromano

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/285190/

Screenshots via PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/see-the-first-trailer-and-screenshots-for-dawn-of-war-3/

ui9rnM9.jpg

nmpsnmF.jpg

EtkBaNf.jpg

amfvcRr.jpg

mJBk8ve.jpg

Sega said:
WARHAMMER® 40,000®: DAWN OF WAR® III ANNOUNCED.

London, 3 May 2016 – At long last, the sun rises on a new age of battle! Relic Entertainment and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, the long-awaited third instalment of the critically-acclaimed real-time strategy franchise. The loyal are rewarded!
Dawn of War III immerses players in the escalating brutality of galactic warfare, where they will lead elite hero units and colossal armies to victory, or oblivion. Powerful super-walkers will tower over the front lines as screen-shaking assaults blister the battlefield in an all-out, over-the-top spectacle worthy of the iconic Games Workshop® Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Building on 12 years of explosive gameplay, Dawn of War III combines the epic scale of Dawn of War, with the customization and elite heroes of Dawn of War II. The result is a best-in-class edition giving players the rich strategic experience, stunning visuals, and catastrophic surprises that they’ve come to expect as Relic brings the franchise into the modern era.

“This is the Dawn of War that fans have been waiting for,” said Stephen MacDonald, the title’s Executive Producer. “Our biggest units ever? Check. Giant orbital lasers? Check. Base-building, epic heroes, huge battles, it’s all in there. Get ready for the biggest Dawn of War yet. For the Emperor!”

In an announcement trailer released on the official Dawn of War III YouTube Channel this morning, Relic revealed the devastating forces of Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks locked in battle, slipping ever deeper into the darkness of endless war.

With previous instalments released prior to Relic’s acquisition in 2013, Dawn of War III will be a landmark release for Relic: its first main title produced entirely as a SEGA®-owned studio.

“This announcement is a big moment for all of us at Relic, and at SEGA,” said Justin Dowdeswell, General Manager at Relic. “We’re setting the bar for what we can achieve, and showing players what they can expect from us in the future. This is just the beginning.”

For future updates on Dawn of War III, visit www.dawnofwar.com.

TheGrue

Base building? The fact that it didn't have base building was one of the things that actually made me want to play an RTS like Dawn of War.

Fuck yeah!

I was thinking about Warhammer just yesterday. For some reason it popped into my head how much I always wanted to get into the actual tabletop game as a kid, but it was so expensive, so I never have. I guess I'll just continue playing these games instead.

Nere

Base building thank god. Please give us a game more like the first dawn of war and not the shitty 2nd one.

Sanity is for the weak!

Very cool trailer! Excited to see what the game turns out like, hopefully free of the whole pre-order DLC nonsense that Total War got tarnished by.

mnannola

Not big on CGI trailers, but that was a fuck awesome trailer.

Loved both DOW games, so I'm all in on this. Please don't suck.

CMDBob

I'm so hyped right now. Base-building and epic scale from DoW1 (my favourite bits of it) mixed with heroes and stuff from DoW2 AND giant units too? Sign me right the fuck up.

Freaking FINALLY! Took those guys long enough. And base building is back, Praise the Emperor!

Now, about "only" 3 playable races, i know, DLC/Addons etc. ... but pretty please add either Tyranids or the Necron to the base game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Aces! Time to replay DoW2 and finally play Chaos Rising.

I'm so hyped right now. Base-building and epic scale from DoW1 (my favourite bits of it) mixed with heroes and stuff from DoW2 AND giant units too? Sign me right the fuck up.

Perfect blend. This is why Warcraft 3 is one of my favourite RTS games, love the whole hero aspect to it.

Holy shit, a new Dawn of War. What next, a sequel to Space Marine?

That would be awesome. I really enjoyed that game last generation.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of base building, but any Dawn of War game is hard to pass up! The 40k Universe is just too good.

I'm currently building/painting two imperial knights so I was super hyped when they showed up in that trailer.

Can't wait to see what the scale is going to be like in game... The fact that this trailer has such a focus on the size of wraightknights, imperial Knights and deffdreads has me thinking scale will have a huge focus in this one.

Anyone else feel like strategy games are starting to make a comeback?

We have smaller ones like 8-bit armies. This year we have total warhammer and halo wars 2. Both big AAA strategy games. Then this is coming next year.

Obviously i dont mean they'll be as popular/mainstream as they used to be, but it is great to see more of them.

CMDBob

Freaking FINALLY! Took those guys long enough. And base building is back, Praise the Emperor!

Now, about "only" 3 playable races, i know, DLC/Addons etc. ... but pretty please add either Tyranids or the Necron to the base game.

I have a feeling that it'll be like CoH2 (and DoW1 really) with it's expansions, you'll get 2-3 armies in a pack as DLC. Shame that there's no Chaos or IG to start, but I imagine they'll be the very first DLC pack.

Memory

In for whatever limited edition they have for this. I recall years ago building a PC specifically so I could play the last one at top specs lol.

I hope they replace Chaos with Necrons and Dark Eldar.

Top Bottom