Energy Siphon

Radial Blind

Stretch

Overextended

Streamline

Redirection

Vigor

Continuity

This allows soloing anything that your weapons can kill. Using Radial Blind effectively makes you, everyone else and defense objectives invisible.

For the last three mods I use Rush, Maglev and Quick Rest.

Edited by Naftal

Excalibur is extremely versatile. 

I haven't played him enough to know everything but from memory some good things to build for are:

Mobile gun (dash + jump)

CC (Jump/impact + Blind)

Javelin spam 

Or just stick on 4 abilities + siphon, redirection, vigor and 4 power mods.

No vault mods and forma ?

Default setup

Pendragon

Energy Siphon

Slash Dash

Blind

Super Jump

Radial Javelin

Redirection (D, duh)

Focus (V, important because it boosts 3 out of his 4 skills including Super Jump)

Continuity / Stretch / Heavy Impact (your choice, without forma in the aura polarity you have to sacrifice something due to lack of skill points)

Flow

Streamline

Remainder 8 points.

Squeeze whatever you can fit.

Near max Quick Rest

Thief wit (works well because boosted super jump lets him get into some weird places, and with continuity his slash dash goes really far)

Marathon

whatever fits your fancy.

This is the "versatile build" without removing skills or using forma.

Of course if doing forma and removing certain skills, Excal can do better at certain things.

Edited by fatpig84

-snip-

Of course if doing forma and removing certain skills, Excal can do better at certain things.

Damn near everything this guy said.

I equip Heavy Impact for fun, I don't use Flow on Excal as Streamline is enough.

Oh, and I often stick Rush on, I know its not needed as such but speed is fun.

Edit: If you get a Forma, do the Aura slot, gives you 7 more mod points that can be used for any polarity.

If you forma a specific frame slot, the bonus only applies for that polarity which limits versatility and may only save you 5 points.

Suggest a bar for Energy Syphon.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Default setup

Pendragon

Energy Siphon

Slash Dash

Blind

Super Jump

Radial Javelin

Redirection (D, duh)

Focus (V, important because it boosts 3 out of his 4 skills including Super Jump)

Continuity / Stretch / Heavy Impact (your choice, without forma in the aura polarity you have to sacrifice something due to lack of skill points)

Flow

Streamline

Remainder 8 points.

Near max Quick Rest

Thief wit (works well because boosted super jump lets him get into some weird places, and with continuity his slash dash goes really far)

Marathon

Default setup

Pendragon

Energy Siphon

Slash Dash

Blind

Super Jump

Radial Javelin

Redirection (D, duh)

Flow

Streamline

Remainder 8 points.

Near max Quick Rest

Marathon

how would you build an excal with forma and vault mods?

If you are going for Heavy Impact + Super Jump make sure you have a maxed Focus equipped otherwise you will need to leap from a higher platform to activate the Heavy Impact blast.

Just to show the calculations to confirm that you need both the Pendragon Helmet and the Focus mod to allow Super Jump to proc Heavy Impact:

7 meters (1 + 0.15 + 0.30) = 10.15 meters

Then again, most Excaliburs aim for both the Pendragon Helmet and the Focus mod at the very least anyhow since there are so many benefits for the small, irrelevant downside of -5% armor and the corresponding costs to use the helmet and the mod.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Just to show the calculations to confirm that you need both the Pendragon Helmet and the Focus mod to allow Super Jump to proc Heavy Impact:

The boost from Focus alone works just fine as long as there's no ceiling above you. Using Avalon and it works, no problem (although it's really picky about landing on platforms that are more than an inch higher than the one you jumped from).

Hmmm... many people have offered advice in this thread.  As an Excalibur...

I think it's more important to start with a question of my own.

What CAN you put on your Excalibur?  I remember finding Vitality within the first 10 hours of playing, but a Redirection didn't show up until MUCH later, 40 hour mark, when I was constantly on the verge of ragequitting through Earth.

If you don't have a reactor, you need one.  

Beg, borrow, steal, anything to get yourself a Redirection.  At 90 hours, I've seen two of the accursed things drop, so I'd call them rare.  Anyone who points out that the card says "common" on it should be congratulated for being able to read English, and then roll your eyes at them... unless they actually don't KNOW English.  In THAT case, smile and inform them that it is a misprint.  If you are Evil, tell them that the "misprint" mod is Super Rare, and regularly fetches 200-300 platinum on the market.

I never used superjump, well, once, and unequipped it permanently after that mission.  Radial Blind is a godsend, stops everyone around you so you can reload your crappy unmodded pistol, and shoot them in the head, thus gaining affinity, and potentially the chance to make your pistol NOT suck, heaven forfend you have a decent weapon, don't ever want to use that.  At any rate, that's one power that DOESN'T waste your XP.

Javelins are super useful for clearing out the jackholes who surround targets during defense missions, doing 35% damage per second, but without a flow, you'll be out of power after slashdashing your way to DEFEND said target, because you saw a mod 50 feet away, and if you don't go grab that RIGHT NOW, you just LOSE OUT when the wave ends.

All these other pieces of advice sound really nifty.  I myself always keep a flow equipped, and I somehow have a spare, though I can not fathom what twisted miracle of fate brought them to my hands.

Never seen a continuity or vigor, blind rage or Focus.... Found a Steel Fiber last night.  That was nice.  It was also savagely overdue...  If you're going to tackle Jupiter, a diamond Skin is VERY much recommended, unless you just feel like burning off platinum for more and more revives.  

Focus would be great to help your Radial Blind hit more enemies.

Or play multiplayer.  In that case, it doesn't matter what you do, the game is vastly more easy, and you gain affinity for everything all the time no matter what, as long as you stay with the group, so it's not technically a bad idea to use powers other than Radial Blind.

I wish that was an option for me.

Edited by EvilKam