May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

THE LIST:

1) Hek and Gorgon Balance Outrage.

Hek will be buffed next Update. Gorgon is now working as intended. EDIT: Gorgon users SEE HERE https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/page-11#entry369443

2) Where is Optional Reset?

We are still working on it, please be patient.

3) Ash Shuriken Sucks!

Will be improved!

4) Ember's fourth ability sucks!

This has been reported with emphasis to Dev Team, will be reviewed.

5) Vandal Series Weapons!?

They are exclusive. Lobbying is not encouraged.

6) The Glaive!

See here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37271-looking-back-learning-from-the-glaive/

7) Mag's Crush!

It is indeed bugged, we are fixing.

8) What is next for Warframe?

We’ve teased a few things like a new Warframe, new Orokin inspired Level Sets, Dojo building with clans… stay tuned for more!

9) Got a common bug?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31592-work-in-progress-bugs/

Please provide succinct and constructive feedback if you think we need to add to this list for this week.

Thanks.

If the Gorgon was considered a problem, I would prefer a damage nerf over accuracy.

The sole reason I chose to use the Gorgon was that it wasn't just a "spray-and-pray" weapon. As it stands now I can't shoot with any semblance of accuracy, even when crouching and shooting 1 bullet at a time. Before it was an interesting weapon to use and quite fun as well. Now it's only really useful when you have a Trinity/Rhino/Loki and you can get up in someones face and hold the trigger down.

Please if the developers think it needs a nerf, lower its damage and return the accuracy to its former state.

...I think even the Revenant is more accurate

:O

Edited by BACON4BREAKFAST

A sentiment I anticipated. Our Designer's words. Provided constructive feedback follows, I can present a new case for the Gorgon.

If you'd like, I get off of work (as in off the clock, I usually am still working well after I stop getting paid for it) in about 2 hours. I'd be glad to take a break and focus on the exact details of the gorgon and see if I can figure out any issues with how it handles.

A sentiment I anticipated. Our Designer's words. Provided constructive feedback follows, I can present a new case for the Gorgon.

You've got a subforum full of it. The arguments against the current state of the Gorgon are not exactly hidden.

I feel the proper thing to do at this point if the devs feel the weapon is good 'as is' is to lower the mastery rank required to get it. I assume that's what the ranking system is for, no? Higher ranks mean better overall (though not necessarily overpowered) weapons/warframes.

Speaking of which (and I don't think this has been covered in a livestream) will we be seeing new ranked items so that there is a reason to grind out weapon/warframe levels? Nothing specific, mind, but I'd like to know if I can bother leveling up stuff right now (even if I won't use it) or I can just coast for awhile.

Edit: Also I'm noticing several bugs (some I've mentioned to yourself personally) that have been in game for.. well, quite awhile. Some are minor while others have a noted effect on gameplay. The link which you provided for 'common problems' don't list any of them but I have to figure they're still pretty 'common'.

Edited by Izonami

Hek will be buffed? What about the rest of the shotguns like the strun? That was effected by the latest patch too

The biggest issues were with the hek. Most people had no problems with the strun's new balance, especially since the new optimal range was the intended one.

That said, I think the balancing they used is global to normal shotguns (i.e., not bronco) so any changes to the hek will affect the others, unless they change the hek in ways that are unrelated to damage falloff.

One assumes they can set specific parameters for each shotguns effective range and thus give the Hek a longer one (which makes sense given the condensed nature of the barrels).

As I've said in previous posts the Hek should be, objectively, the best shotgun in the game if only because the effort associated with getting it. That being said I think that the next batch of high levels weapons should both require a higher mastery rank and a more substantial investment (whether it be in direct Platinum cost, or BP/Foundry costs + amount of resources needed). With the change to credits (which I appreciate) people have very little to spend them on and I'm sure other people are just choking on an overabundance of crafting materials.

Note - I know that for, at least, materials they will see use in the Clan Dojo.. thing. I still think that the best stuff should require more effort (and thus give more of a reason to play and for longer).

I actually had no problem with a nerf to the hek. It was a bit heavy handed , but I believe something needed to be done. My issue is the strun and boar. They got caught up in the whirlwind, undeserved.

If the Gorgon was considered a problem, I would prefer a damage nerf over accuracy.

The sole reason I chose to use the Gorgon was that it wasn't just a "spray-and-pray" weapon. As it stands now I can't shoot with any semblance of accuracy, even when crouching and shooting 1 bullet at a time. Before it was an interesting weapon to use and quite fun as well. Now it's only really useful when you have a Trinity/Rhino/Loki and you can get up in someones face and hold the trigger down.

Please if the developers think it needs a nerf, lower it's damage and return the accuracy to it's former state.

I can actually get behind this.

On the other hand, that might put it too close to the Grakata in terms of usage.

I'm trying to think of a good fix here, but nothing's coming. Basically, I feel the Gorgon can't keep its original position (that single shot accuracy made the Latron obsolete, for example, because the Latron's biggest flaw is that it's no good when the fan gets fecal and you've got 50 eldritch terrors barrelling toward you as fast as they can). I don't know if the current fixes are the best position for it to be in either, because I haven't tested it yet... but leaving it as it was wasn't the best possible way to handle it.

What, specifically, would you do to change the Strun and Boar? Though in real life an automatic shotgun would be much more powerful than a non-automatic, for balancing reasons you can't really 'do' that in a video game.

Honestly a lot of the issue seems to be that people have already picked a weapon as their favourite(s) and they get upset when they don't measure up to other weapons. While I understand this and I think it's reasonable to want similar level weapons to be, well, similar at the same time you have to realize that there needs to be weapon tiers or else everything just feels samey.

What would be nice, though, is to see weapons that do different things (flamethrowers, flak guns, etc) rather than just adding Machine Gun #24, now with the stats moved around compared to the last one! It does get kind of boring.

8) What is next for Warframe?

We’ve teased a few things like a new Warframe, new Orokin inspired Level Sets, Dojo building with clans… stay tuned for more!

I'm knowing about the Orokin inspired level sets just now ' -' And i watched the livestream. I think i have to watch it again to see what else i miss.

Snipetron buff in the past doesn't seem to be properly implemented.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37439-snipetron-is-pathetically-under-powered-claimed-weapon-balance-not-put-into-effect/

Even if it got that slight damage boost, I feel that it still requires more work. There should be many suggestions for you guys to probably consider, such as giving it slightly higher capacity

Constructively, hopefully.....

The gorgon , as it was, did mow down enemies at a rate that made it highly competitive at level 1 versus level 30 enemies, and I will admit that from the first time I used the weapon that it felt too strong.  It did need to have something done to it, but the manner in which it's accuracy was reduced from the first volley of rounds onward makes the weapon a liability.

My suggestion would be to return at least the first burst (the slow cycle build up fire time) back to where it was, accurate at first, but then have the rounds spread out to the current state as the weapons rate of fire increases.  This way when I (or any other gamer) fire the weapon we can at least rely on our first volley striking the intended target, not the first individual round followed immediately by a complete spray that misses everything.  the damage rate of one round does not compensate for the absolute inaccuracy that immediately occurs even with targets at mid range. 

It really is a liability to use the weapon now. 

Thank you, love the game

-Tony

P.S.  Very excited about the new tile sets, new warframes, and everything else posted in this thread, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Hezekiah

There are literally no words to summarize the reaction we had when that popped up on the Twitter feed.

RNG lords love today!

You mean to say that the Glaive alert wasn't "set on purpose" by DE but rather it was a randomized alert like any other? I reckon that it could be dangerous if a newly released weapon is accidentaly set as an alert reward too early (or too late), as you can imagine!

Edited by Iapetus

Rebecca, mind considering this:

Implement non-resetting recoil on singular shots of an unspun Gorgon and add some additional horizontal recoil (resetting) on long bursts instead of an outright accuracy nerf. Thus, sniper shots are possible (more choice is better then no choice), but questionable, because you outright lose DPS on resetting the barrel. If you shot in long bursts, the centrifugal force of the barrels mitigates the recoil to a degree, but it still promotes close quarters more than long range.

Edited by Panzermeido