Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once You Go Brakk You Don't Go Ba- ... That Escalated Quickly

4ever4gotin

Hey peoples, it's a late night currently, having trouble closing my eyes so I decided to make due on the primary variation for the Brakk. And... Things got out of hand, it's a really late at night now and still feeling restless. BUT I drew a concept, I don't know if I'm that happy with it though but It turned out pretty swell.

I was going to be a simpleton, keep things in line with the Brakk's design, make a semi-auto shotgun or possibly a full auto shotgun primary. Then I had a feeling that I needed some part that rotated to keep that same Brakk animated feel. Then I want to make it bigger cause it looked too in line with my previous Kraken primary. THEN I thought about how the Brakk pretty much just spits pellets for days. THEN a pineapple got involved and we arrive at our destination.

I ended up making something that I hoped would've rivaled the Opticor, not fully burst-y but more sustain damage. Alot more sustain, no thanks to a huge magazine and a glorious stock supply. Guessing design wise, if it is used to suppress enemies, there would be lots of stagger, puncture and the occasional slash procs. Coupled with fair damage and some sort of spool up time. I guess another feature that I would want is using alt-fire to pre-spool the weapon.

As a little side remake, the gorgon in the main picture isn't scaled properly....Proper scaling would be in the second comparison picture with the gorgon there

If you can't solve a problem with 1 bullet it can definitely be done with a couple hundred. Dakka dakka~ Well tell me if I missed my mark.

SU8n0Hs.png

Stock Image

GB0fp8F.png

Comparison braton

enmH265.png

Comparison braton and gorgon

Q5BXB2p.png

Not sure about gatling shotgun (the very idea of a long-barreled, spooling close quarter gun seems... wrong), and we do already have Kohm with nearly similar mechanic.

BUT ! This game sure needs some real machine guns with serious damage per bullet as well as high recoil (if not crouching) and mobility limitations.
We do have some guns that can act as LMG (Soma(prime), Gorgon(prisma), *cough* Supra *cough*), but they feel rather like weird assault rifles (especially Soma), not high-calibered tools of suppression.

PS: The artwork is cool. Seriously.

Not sure about gatling shotgun (the very idea of a long-barreled, spooling close quarter gun seems... wrong), and we do already have Kohm with nearly similar mechanic.

BUT ! This game sure needs some real machine guns with serious damage per bullet as well as high recoil (if not crouching) and mobility limitations.

We do have some guns that can act as LMG (Soma(prime), Gorgon(prisma), *cough* Supra *cough*), but they feel rather like weird assault rifles (especially Soma), not high-calibered tools of suppression.

PS: The artwork is cool. Seriously.

So, automatic gatling shotgun? Looks cool anyway.

I'm no longer comatose from sleep.

Well probably at this point I've abandon the shotgun part of it, mostly gatling gun now. Probably to differentiate it more from the rest of our bullet sprayers would be innate Stagger procs on repeated hits. So instead of lets say the Simulor's radial area of denial mechanic it has a more accurate conical AOD and it won't be like the khom's accuracy.

Brilliant

Slowly coming to using archwing sized weapons on foot! XD

Go big or go home!!

Well thanks for the insight and interest everyone who dropped by, if I recall I think I had an Acrid variation on the table, eheh I wonder when I'll move on from the Grineer arsenal.